47 professionally designed templates
Great Product!! Easy to use.
This program was great right from the beginning. Easy to use, don't even need to use the manual. Very compatible with many operating systems. I couldn't imagine using any other software. You can upload multiple listings at one time and it links with your Ebay profile to make things even easier. CHECK OUT THIS SOFTWARE!!
At first glance it seems like a impressive product, but using it quickly identified that it wasn't ready for release to consumers.
1. Many error messages are in German!.
2. No guidance on how to set up the folder structure for uploading images, and the only way to figure it out is by trial and error, which brings up the third problem...
3. You cannot test upload, each upload is a complete auction (which by the way costs to do), so plan on having the first 5 or so auctions without any pictures.
4. When I was able to figure out the imbedded pictures, I discovered that the ebay images still were blank, pointing instead to an empty placeholder.
5. Frequently the example templates included had text run beyond the screen width.
6. Web site support is non-existant. When I attempted to register the product it was not even listed on the company website! Further the links to contact the company were all circles back to the place you started from.
I deal with integrating new applictions in a network environment frequently, and this is one of the most dissapointing purchases I have made in some time. If you are considering this product, I recommend you look for an alternative product, or at the least download the demo and try it first.
Very Buggy and no replies from email support
I am an advanced computer user who sells on eBay. This program seemed like a great time saver. Create auctions and upload nicely laid out pages with multiple pictures and save money too! Sounds great! Don't think so. Every auction I've uploaded requires revisions thru eBay's site with pretty deep HTML editing. I give it 2 stars because it has nice templates which can be edited, you can insert multiple pictures at no charge (you better have an moderate understanding of HTML though) and it has improved my HTML skills (that was never my mission here). You'd be better off buying HTML for Dummies if that is your interest.
The users manual leaves a bit to be desired and the requirement for an ftp site to upload your auctions will be a problem for all but the more knowledgeable internet users. There are not many free ftp sites out there any longer.
Tried to get support from the Data Becker site on the problems. It's been 2 weeks and multiple emails. Still no reply. Oh well live and learn.
The manual is incomplete, almost useless.
I was using [Andale] and also tried auctionworks to post and manage my auctions, they were great and very simple to use, but you have to pay a monthly fee, so I decided to switch to this program. The features seem great, but I can't make it work. You have to have your own web site, free or paid, to upload the auction you create with this software, to [an auction website]. To this moment, I have checked the manual several times, and don't understand how to do it. The website is useless. I'm going to try with email support, but it is not the way it should work. The software assumes that the user knows how to set a website, and how to do a lot of things before making this thing work. In the end, I think that the program could be great if it were more easy to setup.
UPDATE TO DECEMBER 11th 2003
I downgraded my rating, because, three weeks has passed, and still I can't make it work. I returned to the paying auction utilities site.
... Read more